You can find answers and help for common questions below.
Which video & audio platforms are supported for streaming through Komfy app?
- Any video file supported on the web (MP4, WebM, MPEG, OGG...)
Having trouble connecting your devices?
- Make sure your devices are on the same Wi-Fi or local network.
- Get Komfy desktop app for your PC or Mac.
- Open Komfy desktop app on your PC or Mac.
- Allow network access if prompted.
How do I cast from my phone to my PC or Mac?
Let's say you want to stream video from Youtube to your PC or Mac. Try some of the steps below.
- While watching the video on your phone press the share button below the video and copy the link.
- If you are on the Youtube website through your mobile browser just copy the link from the URL bar.
- Open Komfy app on your phone and the link will be loaded automatically, just tap to play.
- Alternatively pressing the share button depending on your iOS/Android version you will also be able to open Komfy directly through share dialog from Youtube and other supported apps.
- Above steps are similar for other video platforms like Twitch, Vimeo and others.
Some videos do not play after casting?
As Komfy is not an official app for platforms it supports it is bound to have some limitations for which videos can be played. We are working continuously to make as many videos available for casting as possible. Below are some known limitations.
- Check if the link you are trying to cast is currently supported by Komfy. You can find the list at the top of this page.
- Some Youtube videos are not allowed to be played outside of youtube.com and official Youtube apps. You can read more here.
- Some Facebook and Facebook Watch videos are not available without signing in. As Komfy does not yet support signing in to your Facebook account those videos will not play.
- While playing videos from Twitch sometimes you may encounter "Purple screen". This screen will disappear after 30s or less. Unfortunately we can not do anything about that because it is a bug on the Twitch side where the platform is flagging Komfy as a 3party website. We are actively looking at the workarounds to fix this. If you do not wish to wait we recommend just recasting the video which will get rid of the screen. You can read more here.